Hard Gage Calibration Technician
Monitors, tests, calibrates, and repairs instrumentation and equipment to ensure the accuracy and precision of measurements taken.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Calibrates and repairs test and measurement equipment including, but not limited to: thread gages, plain rings and plugs, gage blocks, pin gages, length standards.
- Performs in-house lab and on-site calibrations as required.
- Develops calibration procedures and recommends associated standards.
- Completes applicable documentation related to calibration and repair assignments.
- Ensure all required business tasks are completed in a timely and quality manner.
- Actively participates in a team environment.
- You will travel daily, supporting our local accounts with occasional overnight travel.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
- Sound critical thinking skills, a strong customer service focus, and ability to communicate via phone, email, memos, logs, etc.
- Must have experience working with Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word and has ability to quickly adapt to other custom software platforms used in day-to-day calibration activities.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 1 year of relevant experience in the calibration of test and measurement equipment preferred
- Previous experience using Supermicrometer, Laser Ruler, and/or Linear Measurement Machine preferred, but not required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Full Health and Dental Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Paid Holidays and Two Weeks Paid Time Off after completion of 120-day probationary period
- 401(k) program with up to 4% company match
Fox Valley Metrology is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Diverse Work Experience
Ample Advancement Opportunities
- Profit Sharing
- 401(k) Match Plan
- HSA Match Plan
- Medical Plan
- Vision Plan
- Dental Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Company Sponsored Events
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Fitness Reimbursement